- curriculum & assessment
- learning @ DCMI
- Workshops and Seminars
- Fee Structure
- Faculty Staff Detail
The school is affiliated to CBSE, New Delhi, so the course curriculum is framed and followed strictly according to CBSE norms. With the aim of Holistic development of the child, the School has designed an activity based curriculum which ensures the overall growth and development of all the requisite skills in a child.
Evaluation is now inseparable from education. Yet, it is experienced as a burden and an unnecessary intrusion by some. However, we believe that, Evaluation which is conducted on a regular basis can manage to achieve great results. It greatly improves the effectiveness of teaching & learning as the feedback is not only immediate but also accurate as it is done continuously. The school thus follows the Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) pattern as prescribed by the C.B.S.E.
- There is no formal examination for Pre Primary Students. They are assessed on skill-based learning such as Language Skills, Cognitive Skills, Motor Skills, Socio Emotional Skills, and Personal Awareness, thus focusing on the development of "Whole brain" capacity of the tiny tots rather than just bookish learning.
- The assessment of Students from Class I onwards is strictly as per CBSE guidelines i.e. CCE.
- The annual academic assessment is done in the form of two terms wherein 2 Formative Assessments and 1 Summative Assessment per term are observed.
- Evaluation at the Senior Secondary Level is done on the basis of In-house examinations. The academic session is divided into two terms. There are cyclic tests conducted throughout the year to ensure that the parents as well as the students receive feedback on their performance at these tests .
The Technological Edge – Just as energy is the basis of life itself, and ideas the source of innovation, so is innovation the vital spark of all human change, improvement and progress.
The world has changed indeed! Knowledge which was considered the forte of the elite and the learned is now available at the click of a button. With the explosion in the world of knowledge and technological advancements, exposure to computers and multimedia technologies has become imperative. We at DCMI are fully equipped to face the challenges of the future. The School boasts of three ultra modern networked computer labs along with a well equipped multimedia room where students get ample opportunity to operate and handle Pentium workstations independently. In fact, the use of ICT is in evidence throughout the school campus with sophisticated networked nodes, computer system installations and fast Internet connections. The installed internet connections, smart boards, digital projectors, audio visual systems and host of ICT hardware enhance the quality and depth of learning for the teaching community. Latest software, magazines and journals are also provided to the students so that they can keep themselves abreast with the latest developments in the world of information technology.
Every year, an Inter DCM event based on the world of computers and information technology, “WIZTECH” is held to prune the IT skills of the students. In this event, the students showcase their mettle in website designing, programming, IT quiz, power point presentations besides other IT events.
Computer aided education is our top priority for which the academic staff is being trained to handle multimedia presentations and to develop their own programme modules for technology based learning.
To facilitate learning DCMI has also collaborated with EDUCOMP and has started Smart Classes for all the students.
- The School won three prizes in a Declamation Contest organised by Sahodaya School Complex held on 12th May 2011
- An Inter DCM Computer Competition was held on 30th Oct, 2010. The School bagged maximum prizes and was declared as the winner of Wiz Tech 2010
- The School secured the First position in Landscape and Poster Making Competition organised at Army School, Ferozpur Cantt. on the occasion of Women's Day in April 2010.
- Maninder Singh of XI (Commerce) of DC Model International School has been honoured by S. Janmeja Singh Sekhon (The Irrigation Minister) and Mr. Kamal Sharma, The Political Advisor of The Chief Minister of Punjab for his exclusive achievement in Cricket i.e. for winning gold medal at National Level, U - 16 S.G.F.1 held at Chandigarh.
- Parwinder Singh of IX B has bagged silver medal in 68 Kg weight National Teakwondo Championship held from 10th to 12th August 2012 in Mumbai.
- Tanvi of VIII C has also bagged a gold medal in 40-44 Kg weight open State Teakwondo Championship held from 18th to 19th August 2012 at Jalandhar.
- Maninder Singh of class X Cricket Gold medal in 57th School National Games U-16 SGFI held at Chandigarh in 2011-12.
- Piya of class IX Taekwando Girls U-17 (60 Kg.), Gold medal in Punjab State Championship held at Shaheed Bhagat Singh Stadium, Fzr. in 2011-12.
- Mayank of class IV Roll Ball Boys U-11, Silver medal in 4th Roll Ball Open National Championship held at Pondicheri in 2011-12.
- Karan Chopra of XII E has made the school proud by cracking NDA entrance exam.
- Cricket Boys U-16 1st position in Distt. Schools Tournament 2012-13.
- Cricket Boys U-19 1st position in Distt. Schools Tournament 2012-13.
- Volley Ball Girls U-19 2nd position in Distt. Schools Tournament 2012-13.
- Table Tennis Boys U-14 2nd position in Distt. Schools Tournament 2012-13.
- Handball U-17 (Boys) 3rd Position in Distt. 2013-14.
- Volley Ball U-17 (Boys) 3rd Position in Distt. 2013-14.
- Cricket U-19 (Boys) 1st Position in Distt. 2013-14.
- Swimming U-17 (Boys) 1st Position in Distt. 2013-14.
- Basket Ball U-19 (Boys) 1st Position in Distt. 2014-15.
- Cricket U-14 (Boys) 1st Position in Distt. 2014-15.
- Cricket U-17 (Boys) 1st Position in Distt. 2014-15.
- Volley Ball U-17 (Girls) 1st Position in Distt. 2014-15.
- Table Tennis U-17 (Boys) 1st Position in Distt. 2015-16.
- Cricket U-17 (Boys) 1st Position in Distt. Level (PSEB) 2015-16.
- Cricket U-19 (Boys) got 1st Position in Distt. Level (PSEB) 2015-16.
- Basket Ball U-14 (Girls) got 1st Position in Distt. Level (PSEB) 2015-16.
- Basket Ball U-19 (Boys) got 3rd Position in Distt. Level (PSEB) 2015-16.
- Basket Ball U-17 (Boys) got 3rd Position in Distt. Level (PSEB) 2015-16.
- Chess U-19 (Boys) got 1st Position in Distt. Level (PSEB) 2015-16.
- Badminton U-19 (Boys) got 1st Position in Distt. Level (PSEB) 2015-16.
- Taekwondo U-17 (Boys & Girls) got 1st Position in Distt. Level (PSEB) 2015-16.
- Volley Ball U-16 - Open (Boys) got 2nd Position in Distt. Level (PSEB) 2015-16.
|Sr.No.||Name of the student||CGPA|
||Japneet Kaur Sekhon||
|1st||2681965||Navpreet Kaur Brar||92.00|
|1st||2682052||Gagneet Kaur Bakshi||93.80|
|Sr.No.||Name of the student||CGPA|
|4||Shehbaj Singh Batth||10|
|3rd||2688650||Jai Deep Singh||94.2|
|Sr.No.||Name of the student||CGPA|
|2nd||2694874||Golden Preet Kaur||91.8|
|3rd||2694839||Junayd Abid Ahmed||91.2|
Workshops and Seminars
"The whole art of teaching is only the art of awakening the natural curiosity of young minds for the purpose of satisfying it afterwards."
At DCMI, the staff has a complete access to professional opportunities that include training and professional development programmes, both academic and non-academic. Such programmes ensure that our teachers are keeping pace with the latest teaching methodologies and developments in curriculum.
Recently, a workshop on "Innovative Teaching" was organised which focused on making the participants understand various classroom practices and inspire them to adopt those practices which could be applicable in their classes. The sessions also took the participants through an experiential cycle of observing, delivering, assessing and evaluating their own methodologies. It addressed the core skills essential for teaching to be effective.
Educomp Interactive tools training (13th March 2012) Educomp Interactive tools training has been conducted in DCM International school on 13th March 2012.There were 30 teachers and Mr. Rahul Sharma was conducted the training. This training was helpful to solve the problems of teachers.
Educomp Computer Training (28th April 2012) Educomp computer training has been conducted in DCM International school on 28th April 2012.There were 11 teachers and Mr. Rahul Sharma was conducted the training. This training was intersting and helpful to learn the computer.
Computer Training for teaching staff (30th May 2011) : To make the teachers computer literate a training course was organized in the school. The teachers were given the knowledge of Notepad, Ms Word, Ms Excel and Ms Powerpoint.
I Discover I (30th June 2011) : This workshop was organized to aquaint the teacher with the innovative techniques of teaching in School.
Bacche Man Ke Sacche (22nd Oct. 2011) : This Seminar was organized for parents, teachers as well as students and the motive was to provide solution for their problems.
Evaluation in CCE (English) (27th Jan. 2012) : This workshop was specially designed for English teachers. They were informed about the latest tools and techniques involved in it.
A workshop on Formative Assessment was organized on 13th Oct. 2012 in RSD Raj Rattan School. The duration of this workshop was from 10.00am to 5.00pm. Five teachers from various departments attended it.
Another workshop on how to motivate the unmotivated was organized in British Lib. On 14th March 2013. The duration for this workshop 10.00am to 5.00pm. Two teachers from the school attended it.
QCT Workshop : This workshop was for guiding the teachers how to spend quality time with students. It was organized on 23rd & 24th March 2013 at DCM Cantt. The Resource Person was Ms. Maya Mennon. Fifteen teachers from the school attended this workshop.
A workshop focusing on how to manage the class was organized on 13th April 2013 at DCM Cantt. The timings were from 9.30am to 4.30pm.
On 4th May 2013 there was a workshop in IIT Delhi which focused on ‘Effective Teaching and Learning’. The Resource Person were Mr. Harish Chaudhary and Mr. Sandeep Shrivastav. Ms. Nimrta Sandhu represented the school.
On 11th May 2013, seventeen teachers from DCMI went to DCM Cantt. to attend this workshop organized by ‘Future Kids’. The duration of this workshop was from 10.00am to 2.30pm.
Topic : Teaching Essentials by using various techniques and methods.
All the Teachers of English attended a workshop at DCM Cantt On 1st July 2013.
Timings : 10.00am to 2.45pm.
The Resource Person Ms. Meena Wood explained how to develop high competence in English Language Literacy and Communication.
How to fight the stress was explained by Mrs. Varsha Malhotra during a workshop on 3rd July 2013. All the teachers who teach classes III to X attended it.
Timings : 9.00am to 2.00pm
Venue : DCMI, Fzr. City
Ms. Meena Wood acquainted the teachers with the best Practices in Learning Centered Approaches during her workshop on 4th July 2013.
Timings : 9.45am to 2.00pm
Venue : DCMI, Fzr. City
The Green Schools Programme organized by Centre for Science and Environment New Delhi was attended by Mrs. M. Bhanot and Mrs. Aman Brar from the school on 10th and 11th July 2013. The Seminar was conducted by their Environment Education unit trainers Ms. Sumita Das Gupta and Mr. Alok Mishra.
Teachers of English from DCMI attended a workshop organised by Britannica at DCM Sr. Sec. School Cantt. on 14th Sept. 2013. The Resource Person for the same was Ms. Maryann Vaisoha.
Maths workshop was conducted in DCMI on 12th April 2014. The Resource Persons for the same was Mr. Paramveer Sharma.
Workshop on Effective Teaching Methodolody was conducted in DCMI on 9th August 2014 and teachers from DBS also attended it. The Resource Persons for the same was Ms. Avneet Kaur.
Advantage Learning Programme was conducted on 29th June 2016. The Resource Persons for the same was Ms. Jyoti Khanna.
In order to make Maths Fantastic, a workshop was conducted on 30th June 2016. The Resource person for the same was Mr. Amit Yadav.
ELT Workshop was conducted on 1st July 2016. The Resource Persons for the same were Ms. Sonia & Mr. R. J. Singh.
A workshop was conducted on the topic Synthetic Phonics on 5th July 2016. The Resource Person for the same was Mr. Abhishek Goel.
A workshop was conducted on the topic Ace Vision on Effective Teaching on 6th July 2016. The Resource Person for the same was Ms. Prerna Armaan.
Capacity Building Programme on CCE Co-Scholastic was conducted on 25th & 26th of July 2016. The Resource Persons for the same were Mrs. Ritu Bhatnagar & Mrs. Varinder Khurana.
Cambridge English South Asia Annual co-ordinators Conference was attended by the DCMI faculty members (Mrs. Ahmed & Ms. Reeta) on 4th August 2016 held in Chandigarh. The Resource Person for the same was Mr. Kalpesh.
|2||I to III||1000 /-|
|3||IV to X||1100 /-|
|4||XI to XII||1700 /-|
List of teaching/non-teaching staff
|1||Mrs. Ismat V Ahmed||Principal|
|2||Mrs. Madhu Chopra||PGT|
|3||Mr. V.K. Monga||PGT|
|4||Mr. Kulbhushan Jain||PGT|
|5||Mr. Sunny Sachdeva||PGT|
|6||Mrs. Aarti Banga||PGT|
|7||Mr. Deepak Mangal||PGT|
|8||Mrs. Kuldeep Kaur||PGT|
|9||Mr. Neeraj Gupta||PGT|
|10||Mr. Sahil Monga||PGT|
|11||Mrs. Mona Chopra||PGT|
|12||Mrs. Anu Trehan||PGT|
|13||Mr. Naresh Joshi||PGT|
|14||Mr. V. K. Bhandari||PGT|
|15||Mr. Aseem Sethi||PGT|
|16||Mrs. Ginnia Narang||PGT|
|17||Mrs. Jaya Mahana||PGT|
|18||Mr. Amar Verma||PGT|
|19||Ms. Shivani Sharma||PGT|
|21||Mr. Anirudh Sharma||PGT|
|23||Mr. Varinder Singh||PGT|
|24||Mr. Sidharth Chawla||PGT|
|25||Ms. Prabhjot Kaur||PGT|
|26||Ms. Manisha Jain||PGT|
|28||Ms. Manisha Joshi||TGT|
|29||Mrs. Kamlesh Dhawan||TGT|
|30||Mr. Ravinder Khanna||TGT|
|31||Mrs. Aman Brar||TGT|
|32||Mr. Kishor Singh||TGT|
|33||Mrs. Gayatri Sayal||TGT|
|34||Ms. Neha Sachdeva||TGT|
|35||Mrs. Monica Narula||TGT|
|36||Mrs. Monika Kochhar||TGT|
|37||Ms. Preety Sethi||TGT|
|38||Mr. Manohar Narula||TGT|
|39||Ms. Reenu Arora||TGT|
|40||Mr. Rashpal Singh||TGT|
|41||Mr. Mandeep Singh||TGT|
|43||Ms. Durga Devi||TGT|
|45||Ms. Manmeen Kaur||TGT|
|47||Ms. Reeta Rani||TGT|
|48||Mr. Munish Sharma||TGT|
|49||Ms. Seema Oberoi||TGT|
|50||Mr. Darshan Singh||TGT|
|52||Ms. Manisha Dhawan||TGT|
|54||Ms. Indu Bala||TGT|
|55||Ms. Rama Rani||TGT|
|56||Mrs. Vandana Bhandari||TGT|
|57||Mrs. Sapna Pal||TGT|
|58||Mrs. Sunita Khehra||TGT|
|59||Mr. Ashwill Manchanda||TGT|
|60||Ms. Preeti Sharma||TGT|
|61||Mr. Navdeep Singh||TGT|
|62||Mr. Rajinder Sikri||TGT|
|63||Ms. Preeti Bhola||TGT|
|64||Mr. Bharat Bhushan||TGT|
|66||Ms. Sheeba Dhawan||TGT|
|67||Ms. Chandni Kamboj||TGT|
|68||Ms. Simmi Jaiswal||TGT|
|69||Ms. Meenakshi Sharma||TGT|
|70||Ms. Renny Sabia||TGT|
|73||Mrs. Manju Gulati||PRT|
|75||Ms. Manju Chopra||PRT|
|76||Ms. Mandeep Kaur||PRT|
|78||Mrs. Reeta Dewra||PRT|
|79||Mrs. Geeta Sikri||PRT|
|80||Ms. Khushpreet Kaur||PRT|
|81||Ms. Sakshi Handa||PRT|
|83||Ms. Kavita Sharma||PRT|
|84||Ms. Rinku Monga||PRT|
|85||Ms. Anita Chanana||PRT|
|86||Ms. Shivani Gakhar||PRT|
|87||Ms. Gagandeep Kaur||PRT|
|88||Ms. Geeta Khullar||PRT|
|90||Ms. Manpreet Kaur||PRT|
|91||Ms. Navdeep Kaur||PRT|
|92||Ms. Shweta Devgan||PRT|
|93||Mrs. Shivani Popli||PRT|
|96||Ms. Vandana Sharma||PRT|
|97||Ms. Sarabjeet Kaur||PRT|
|98||Mr. Ramesh Kumar||PRT|
|99||Ms. Shivani Manchanda||PRT|
|100||Ms. Amandeep Kaur||PRT|
|101||Mrs. Sonia Jaiswal||PRT|
|102||Ms. Jyoti Dhawan||PRT|
|103||Ms. Anjali Bhandari||PRT|
|105||Ms. Samita Sehgal||PRT|
|106||Ms. Rajni Bala||PRT|
|107||Ms. Parminder Kaur||PRT|
|108||Mr. Veer Singh||PRT|
|109||Ms. Jeewan Jyoti||PRT|
|110||Ms. Neha Gakhar||PRT|
|111||Ms. Rajandeep Kaur||PRT|
|112||Ms. Sonia Sood||PRT|
|115||Ms. Shreya Monga||PRT|
|116||Ms. Komal Kataria||PRT|
|119||Ms. Leena Walia||NTT|
|120||Ms. Geetu Chawla||NTT|
|121||Ms. Sonika Monga||NTT|
|123||Ms. Jyoti Rani||NTT|
|125||Ms. Manisha Sethi||NTT|
|128||Ms. Vishali Chopra||NTT|
|129||Ms. Meena Goyal||NTT|
|130||Ms. Renu Bala||NTT|
|131||Ms. Saakshi Bajaj||NTT|
|133||Ms. Sonia Gulati||ASL|
|134||Ms. Indu Jindal||Assistant Teacher|
|135||Ms. Revia Khanna||Clerk|
|136||Ms. Dimple Sharma||Clerk|
|137||Mr. Ishan Anand||Clerk|
|138||Mr. Harpreet Singh||Clerk|
|139||Ms. Gurmeet Kaur||Clerk|
|140||Mr. Bhupinder Singh||Clerk|
|141||Mrs. Renu Kalra||Clerk|
|142||Mr. Mukesh Monga||Clerk|
|143||Ms. Anita Sharma||Clerk|
|144||Mr. Arjun singh||Clerk|
|146||Mrs. Avi Bansal||Creya|
|147||Mr. Sameer Mankatala||Creya|
|148||Mrs. Amita Bhatia||Deputy CEO Commerce|
|149||Ms. Ritika Thaper||E-Learning|
|151||Ms. Gagandeep Kaur||ERP|
|152||Mr. Ravit Bhatia||ERP|
|153||Mr. Nitin Sethi||ERP Co-ordinator|
|154||Ms. Amanpreet Kaur||Funtoot|
|155||Mr. Kuldeep Raj||Kooh|
|156||Ms. Parmjeet Kaur||Kooh|
|157||Ms. Dhriti Sharma||Kooh|
|158||Ms. Ravinder Kaur Aulkh||Kooh|
|160||Ms. Renuka||Medical Officer|
|161||Mr. Abhimanyu||Music Teacher|
|162||Ms. Veena Kumari||Sports Teacher|
|163||Mrs. Madhu Aggarwal||Sr. Exec. Accounts|
|164||Ms. Mandeep Kaur||Teacher|
|165||Mr. Manreet Singh||V P Academics|
|166||Mr. Kanwal Bajaj||V P Admin|
Mode of payment of salary